The Fall Book Sale will take place Monday, November 10 through Saturday, November 15 in the Rogers Room of the Forest Grove City Library, 2114 Pacific Avenue in Forest Grove.
Monday, Nov. 10, 10-8
Tuesday, Nov. 11, 10-8 (even though the Library will be closed)
Wednesday, Nov. 12, 10-8
Thursday, Nov. 13, 10-5
Friday, Nov. 14, 10-5
Saturday, Nov. 15, 10-3
Enhanced member perc: Current members of the Friends of Forest Grove Library get 25% off their purchase all day Monday, November 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. (The discount in sales past had been 10%.) Memberships can be purchased at the door of the book sale. Individual one-year memberships are $5, Family memberships $10, Contributing memberships $25 and Sustaining memberships $100.
Books, videos, CDs, vinyl records…all priced to sell!
On Saturday there will be no reduction in prices. This is a permanent change in our book sale policies. Here are reasons for this change:
1. Standard sale prices are low.
2. No other Friends group in the area has reduced prices on any day of their book sales.
3. In the past, we took most of the books left over from the Hillsboro Friends sale and had an overwhelming number of books left over after our sale. That is no longer the case.
4. The book sale is the major fundraiser for Friends. All proceeds of the sale benefit Forest Grove City Library!
5. Proceeds go toward adult cultural programs, children’s summer reading program, teen programs and other library needs not met in the Library’s budget.
Dealer Alert: Friends volunteers have carefully combed through donations and library discards, looking for items that Friends can sell online. Books and other media that we think we can sell online for $8 or more won’t be on sale at this twice-a-year on-site book sale.
You can help: As always, we have several volunteer opportunities. We need help with set-up and take-down. This mainly involves putting books on shelves and tables before the sale, and taking books off shelves and tables and putting them in boxes when the sale is over on Saturday.
Another vital job to be filled is taking two-hour shifts cashiering during the days of the sale. Those who help with set-up and take-down get to take two free books for their efforts, and all book sale volunteers are invited to join us for a Dutch treat dinner after clean up is completed on Saturday.
If you are interested in helping make the book sale a success by helping out, please call Carol Woodford, 503 357-2606 or email email@example.com.
And of course, we welcome book donations any time! Please bring books that are in good condition to the Library.